Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's quiet around the ol' wetland these days. Summer has turned to fall, and the only thing I see moving around the pond lately is floating leaves.








The city crew has come in to remove trees we flagged and apply pesticides where necessary.


(Are those bullet holes??? Sigh.)


Don Watcher posted recently about salmon in the Don River. I haven't seen any live ones yet, but believe me, the dead ones aren't hard to locate. Just follow your nose.


The Chinese zodiac will tell you this is the year of the Dog, but I'm convinced this is actually the year of the Enormous Creepy Spider Everywhere You Look:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, your photos are just amazing! It's hard to choose a favorite, but I do love the close-up of the leaves.
I'll have to show L. (the reptile girl), the one of the snake. She'll be very impressed.
And hey, just saw a very happy monarch fluttering past our balcony this morning. (now, I know it's not the same one, but could be a decendent of it....)